Retrograde

Discussion of all Pure radios with Flow Internet Radio
Greecian

Retrograde

Postby Greecian » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:59 pm

'From 12th June Pure Connect will only be accessible via Android and iOS apps' .......Desk top access will go on 12/6/2017 & 'All customers will lose the ability to add custom stations (those not currently on Pure Connect)'...
Also 'Customers will lose the ability to manage devices (e.g adding/remove radios from their account)'...
See this for full details:-

http://support-uk.pure.com/en/kb/articl ... -ios-apps-

A shame, a retrograde step for me :cry:

radiofan

Re: Retrograde

Postby radiofan » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Saw this notice the other day purely by chance when editing a custom station.

Pure never have bothered to fix the website in over a year but requiring a smartphone to edit stations is a joke. Very poor of them to require stations be stored on the device when they limited that to 10 stations on some radios.

Pandering to smartphone users will get them nowhere when there are plenty of better radio listening apps making the expensive hardware Pure sell redundant.

I wonder how long until the next downgrade will remove stations stored before 12/6/17. I give it 6 months.

jonno

Postby jonno » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:11 pm

Oh dear, the website wasn't brilliant, but I too view moving to app only capability as a retrograde move. My Evoke Flow has served me well over the years, (since around 2008 I think??) but it is on its last legs. The OLED display has faded to the point where it is invisible in daylight, and sometimes the radio dies and refuses to power up. Time to look at the wider market rather than just purchase another Pure product.

pluto

Postby pluto » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:37 pm

So what is the web site http://www.flowlive.com all about? AFAIK the site does, more or less, everything that the former Pure Connect was supposed to do, but didn't. However, I believe it only supports newer models such as the Evoke F3. There has been a serious change of policy/management (new owners) and somebody is being economical with the truth.

I get the feeling that this is really a disingenuous way of vastly reducing the flexibility of older models, thereby encouraging the user to buy a new model in order to obtain the facility he used to have before they chose to close the Pure Connect web site.

radiofan

Postby radiofan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:48 am

Wouldn't surprise me. The new owners seem to have a couldn't care less attitude to existing customers. Never was convinced by the reasoning of removing the desktop site given most of the server kit would still be needed to support management via smartphone apps.

The KRACK attack vulnerability https://www.krackattacks.com is another problem and the attitude of Pure will see our radios never getting patched.

Return to “Pure Flow Radios”