WM201 Clock error

Discussion of all Roberts radios with Stream Internet radio
captainglassback

WM201 Clock error

Postby captainglassback » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:49 pm

I have two WM201s with a very good stable wifi signal from router. (I have to regularly switch power off / on to keep them working ie when 'stream ended' or continuously 'connecting'! Great sound so I stick with them!). About a year ago both clocks stopped working at the same time! So when I power off / on the clock goes to 12.00am and then moves on from there. I have tried every 'option' within menu. Have spoken with Roberts technical and they have no idea how the clock can not pick up the time if I am receiving a solid wifi signal. If I powered off / on at midnight that would sort it but as I need to power off / on 2 or 3 times a day it does not solve issue! Any ideas folks please?

tempo10

Re: WM201 Clock error

Postby tempo10 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:48 pm

If both radios stopped working at the same time I'd say it's your router that isn't forwarding ports correctly. I don't actually know how Reciva radios get the time but I assume it's via NTP, which uses Port 123.

Have you tried posting this question on a dedicated Revica forum? Somewhere like http://recivarefuge.net/forum/index.php might give you a fuller answer.

captainglassback

Re: WM201 Clock error

Postby captainglassback » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:51 pm

Thanks tempo10. Have had a few routers over the years so maybe problem coincided with that. I'll post on other suggested Forum as might need a bit of help with 'port settings'. Thanks again.

Return to “Roberts Stream Radios”