Stream 83i

Discussion of all Roberts radios with Stream Internet radio
Keenite

Re: Stream 83i

Postby Keenite » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:27 am

Sounds like they've done it on purpose to force you to sit through an ad before the music starts. The app is most likely set up like the website, which obliges you to first endure a mindless advertisement.

Helen M

Postby Helen M » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:51 am

This station went off a couple of years ago when it had a change of ownership but then came back.

I wonder if it's worth having internet radios if this is the way they will all go?

Keenite

Postby Keenite » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:47 pm

The major stations aren't going anywhere soon. The local, privately-owned ones can of course come and go.
But really it depends on what you want it for. Do you listen to the station for news, or for the music they play? If its for the music, you can find dozens of similar stations that would fit the bill.

Helen M

Postby Helen M » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:27 pm

Probably a bit of both, you get an insight into what's going on there. We visit the US as we have friends now living there so can relate to some of the issues. I shudder when they give out the weather temps during the winter, often 20 below (0 farenheit that is) <yikes>! It was one of those stations that I found by chance in the days when I still had my little box (can't think who made them but it was British) internet only radio. I liked the mix of music and the chat then, although the breakfast guy who was apparently a legend in radio broadcasting ( he had interviewed the Beatles on a US visit) retired. I guess he was a bit like our Terry Wogan!

Return to “Roberts Stream Radios”