New Stream 83i - Wired connection problem

Discussion of all Roberts radios with Stream Internet radio
robmesure

New Stream 83i - Wired connection problem

Postby robmesure » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi

First time poster, so be gentle!

I'm the proud owner of a new Stream 83i, really pleased with it.

However, I am having problems connecting to my Netgear router. WiFi is fine but, knowing that I have a weak signal in the part of the home that the radio is situated, I bought a couple of Netgear homeplugs in order to establish an Ethernet connection (I already have an existing homeplug network).

When I choose wired connection, the radio says 'Connecting' for a while, then "Failed to obtain IP address from DHCP" (DCHP is definitely enabled in my router's LAN settings).

I have tried to manually configure the connection but I just can't work out what settings to use. Can anyone offer any help?

Also, if I do successfully manage to hook the radio up via Ethernet, will I still be able to connect to the radio using the ConnectR app on my phone?

Thanks

Rob

tempo10

Re: New Stream 83i - Wired connection problem

Postby tempo10 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:55 am

Are you sure the new homeplug is working? Connect a laptop instead of the radio and check that it's working AND that you can get a reasonable speed through it.

I spent hours trying to set up what I thought was a duff IP security camera using homeplugs only to discover that it was the adaptors that were useless.

ConnectR works with a wired radio, yes, so long as everything is on the same subnet.

robmesure

Re: New Stream 83i - Wired connection problem

Postby robmesure » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:20 pm

Yup, that will do it. Swapped out the plugs connected to PC and radio, radio worked immediately, PC did not!

Back to Maplin they go...

Return to “Roberts Stream Radios”