BBC Listen again/podcasts incorrect listings

Discussion of all Roberts radios with Stream Internet radio
distressedsteve

Re: BBC Listen again/podcasts incorrect listings

Postby distressedsteve » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:35 pm

@tempo10 Thanks for that information but unluckily for me, none of the programs I listen to are listed there but I'll keep checking, just in case.

However, I just checked my Favourites on the Frontier site and my programs are back. And similar to amadcitrus, they are all WMA format and are dated either 23rd or 27/28th Sept. , and they all play as normal on my Stream 63i.

And while I've been typing this, and also the same as amadcitrus they're gone again, but my radio is still playing one as I type.....but now it must have synced with Frontier and it's stopped playing with the message "Cannot open selected media" and after switching to DAB and then back to internet radio I'm back with "No shows available".

Ah well, back to waiting for a permanent solution.

Joe

Postby Joe » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:51 pm

I don't know what's going on now. Podcasts are now available but some titles not updated. 4 Extra seems to be ok but Radio 4's Afternoon Drama titles don't correspond to the available podcast. At least we can now listen again to something.

PS Within minutes of writing the above the streams became unavailable again.

Joe

Postby Joe » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:58 pm

amadcitrus wrote:@Joe That program and a very small amount of others are available, as it only seems to affect WMA format podcasts, not MP3's.

Thanks amadcitrus, that means there is some hope. I think some of us need to email the beeb to ask what they are playing at.

PS Streams are currently not available.

Professor

Postby Professor » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:36 am

All BBC Listen Again episodes that I checked are up to date in the Reciva Database, which could well explain no complaints elsewhere. Seems it's Frontier's backside that needs a kick.
Fora - Where Everyone knows Everything -Everyone Else Knows Nothing

Joe

Postby Joe » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:36 pm

My favourite podcasts are working but I'm still blaming the BBC because my Magicbox (Receiva) wasn't working either.

distressedsteve

Postby distressedsteve » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:39 pm

My streams are working again too, I wonder how long it will last.....

Professor

Postby Professor » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:42 pm

Joe wrote:My favourite podcasts are working but I'm still blaming the BBC because my Magicbox (Receiva) wasn't working either.

If you are a long time Reciva user, you will have experienced this as a regular problem with BBC content updating, going back to the beginning of Internet streaming. BBC continually change their system, so they need to be chased regularly to sort the problem. Since they dropped Real Audio and introduced the iPlayer, their world seems to revolve around that, with users of Internet radios taking a back seat.
Fora - Where Everyone knows Everything -Everyone Else Knows Nothing

amadcitrus

Postby amadcitrus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:54 am

Finally! I can confirm all BBC podcasts are now present and up to date on my Frontier based internet streamer. As @distressedsteve says, let's see for how long...

Joe

Postby Joe » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:40 pm

I contacted the BBC and received this response today but as you will see they aren't admitting anything.
Thank you for contacting the BBC iPlayer Podcast team.

I understand that you’re unable to access BBC Podcast content on your internet radio.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer support for user set-ups therefore suggest that you contact the manufacturer in the first instance as they’re responsible for how the podcasts are delivered to their devices. That said, we will monitor for further contacts from users of similar devices.

I recognise you feel strongly about the matter, so I'd like to assure you that I've fully registered your concerns. This will be included on feedback reports that are available to personnel responsible for maintaining and improving the BBC Podcast service.

These reports are viewed as important documents that can help shape decisions on future aspects of BBC Podcasts.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

Andrew Gilfillan
BBC Audience Services
www.bbc.co.uk/podcast

I had informed them that there was nothing wrong with my equipment. So please can you all also complain to the BBC so that they know it isn't just me who has had problems. :roll:

distressedsteve

Postby distressedsteve » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:21 pm

I also received a reply from the BBC today:
Thank you for contacting the BBC iPlayer Support Team.

We understand that you have had problems accessing radio programmes on your Roberts Stream 63i internet radio since the new downloads service was introduced.

The introduction of BBC iPlayer Downloads would not affect your internet radio. We would suggest you try resetting the radio and your router.

You may wish to know that there are external message boards that discuss everything BBC iPlayer related. Details can be found at:

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/h ... sageboards

Please note that the BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.

We do appreciate the time taken to submit your enquiry as all feedback received helps us to develop and improve the service.

Once again, thank you for contacting us.

Kind Regards

David Glenday

BBC Audience Services

All I can say is at least they have replied, I've had no response from Frontier and apart from an initial acknowledgement from Roberts I've not heard anything else from them.

My streams are still working.

Return to “Roberts Stream Radios”