Android 'remote' playing on 83i

Discussion of all Roberts radios with Stream Internet radio
saj42

Android 'remote' playing on 83i

Postby saj42 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi, I've just purchased an 83i and am very impressed with it. I upgraded the firmware and am looking at renderers.

I've found a load of Android apps that act as upnp renderer and allow remote playing of my library (any upnp library on the network) to the Roberts box.

Has anyone any info on good apps that they use? I've tried a few but they all have limitations; mostly accidental stopping of current track and starting the track I was looking at.

My current leading contender is 2player.

Thanks
Steve

Missing_Link

Re: Android 'remote' playing on 83i

Postby Missing_Link » Mon May 07, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi Steve,

I tried this player (and several others) and then eventually purchased it. I knew when I bought it that it had some limitations. I live with them, but I have thought about writing to the author and telling them about the issues.

Pros:
1. It actually works
2. I can select my Windows 7 laptop as a source and play its contents to my 83i :D
3. Multitasks nicely
4. You can control the radio volume using the usual Android rocker (on my HTC Desire), but you have to hold down the button slightly longer than a standard press to make it work
5. It's cheap to buy and purchasing removes the ads

Cons:
1. Track length is always wrong!
2. You can't resume a track if you pause it
3. The very occaisonal force close

In summary, I really love it a lot, and as I say, I choose to live with its limitations. I'm just kind of grateful that something actually exists and works!

Hope this helps you.

Pete
PS - if you find a better one, please let me know.
Regards,

Pete
** Roberts Stream 83i owner **

Missing_Link

Re: Android 'remote' playing on 83i

Postby Missing_Link » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:56 pm

I have found a better player now:

BubbleUPNP - worth buying - very flexible. I use it on my HTC Desire and on my Nexus 7.
Regards,

Pete
** Roberts Stream 83i owner **

Return to “Roberts Stream Radios”