Problem with 83i and D-Link 320 NAS

Discussion of all Roberts radios with Stream Internet radio
Harkaway

Problem with 83i and D-Link 320 NAS

Postby Harkaway » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:58 pm

I recently integrated a D-Link 320 NAS into my home network. It works great with my WD Live media player and worked great with my Logik IR100 Internet Radio until yesterday when it gave up the ghost.

Unfortunately my Roberts 83i can't see the files although it sees the folders they are held in.

I should qualify that by saying that the 83i will play the files on the NAS through TVersity, but that means my laptop has to be on all the time and it sometimes loses its link in the middle of the night.

I don't think this is a format issue because mp3s and FLACs are equally invisible.

Does anyone have any suggestions? This is driving me crazy!

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Italia

Re: Problem with 83i and D-Link 320 NAS

Postby Italia » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:56 am

Had a similar problem.
I have a drive on my WIn 2008R2 Server which I use to store all my mp3's.
Even though all the folders were correctly shared, the 83i still would not see the files. With my previous NAS (Synology CS-407e), I had no such problems and it drove me nuts.

It was only when I figured out that the 2008R2 server had no media server application unlike the Synology NAS. I installed and configured Twonky Server (even though not officially supported,it works fine) and after that the 83i automagically saw everything.

I don't know the D-Link 320, but I'd hazard a guess that it either does not have a DLNA media server (or something compatible) as part of its operating system or, if it has, it isn't switched on.
If there is no such beast, you might want to do some research on Google to see if anyone else has come up with a solution.

Harkaway

Re: Problem with 83i and D-Link 320 NAS

Postby Harkaway » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:11 am

Thanks for this. Unfortunately it does have a media server application with DLNA (supposedly) and it is switched on. However, I think I might look more deeply into the Twonky Server as a solution. There are some people who have made modifications successfully and I may join them.

But it is nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem with the Roberts!

Return to “Roberts Stream Radios”