Sensia - User ideas

Discussion of all Pure radios with Flow Internet Radio
HenniVID

Sensia - User ideas

Postby HenniVID » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi!

I thought it might be a good idea to collect some ideas from the community, on what Pure could include in future software updates...

Here are my first ideas:
-A EPG for DAB stations. Practically a swipe and an interactive fullscreen EPG. Might also work in connection with internet. I would love this function!
-A stronger boost on auxiliary in
-More info on the DAB station being listened to (Multiplex/Bitrate/PTY/...)
-When will it be possible to have new Apps (Programming Kit / Online)
-Facebook App: Thumbs Up, looking at profiles
-Better FM Scan Search
-Radio DNS for Stations that Broadcast over the Net?

Thanks! I hope that Mr Voice is able to take some of these ideas aboard!
Working for "German Digitalradio Projektbüro"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Devices: Pure Sensia,Pure Evoke Flow, Pure One Elite, Pure Highway

Mike2014

Re: Sensia - User ideas

Postby Mike2014 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:52 pm

I would also like it to be easier to jump into certain parts of a podcast/listen again. Maybe have a button which would jump forward by 5 mintues, 1 minute, 10 minutes etc.

New apps is a must. Seriously, if this is really for the "Facebook Generation"< then they will NOT wait for over 6 months for a new app. :? :shock:

And the SDK should be out soon.

Oh and have the green battery sign on longer. This is a very picky, but I just don't like it when it shows the battery isnt at full change when I've only un plugged it for about 15 seconds lol :ugeek: :mrgreen:

HenniVID

Postby HenniVID » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:49 pm

Got more stuff to add:

-Equalizer for the Speakers
-More Apps (News, ...)
-Possibility of Facebook Chat function?
-Importent: French and German type keyboard. QWERTZ with Ö,Ä,Ü and ß and for the French the é è â ... ;)

Question in between: When is Flowsongs coming to continental Europe and will it also be able to support standard bank accounts without credit card?

Thanks and hope that Jason and his team at Pure are able to take some of these ideas on board!

Mike2014

Postby Mike2014 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:09 pm

How about a button where it automatically tells people what station your listening to on your radio? Like it tells people on Facebook/Twitter.

But please, more apps. We were promised a new one fairly soon a couple weeks back. Nothing as yet :cry:

HenniVID

Postby HenniVID » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:29 pm

Hello!

How is the developing of the Sensia going? We're haven't had an update for a while and the last one just bugs mine all up. I can't control the sound correctly any more, there are station logos appearing all over the screen. It's made a radio that was "fine" just annoying. I'm even thinking about putting it back into the box. It has really been quite a big dissapointment to be honest. Unless the PURE Team really put their thinking caps on and finally give this radio the software treatment it needs. With that I mean a more customizable screen (take away the annoying PURE advertising!), more control other what goes where, enable shared DAB/FM/Internet Lists and things like that. It could be such a good product but just doesn't feel like its switched on...

How are PURE going to continue with this Mr Voice?

Kind regards from Germany!

Professor

Postby Professor » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:04 pm

Last edited by Professor on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fora - Where Everyone knows Everything -Everyone Else Knows Nothing

jonh
Site Admin

Postby jonh » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:25 pm

Come on Prof - Jason was here at 2.30pm today; how can he be 'ignoring' Henni's 4.30pm post when work-time finished one hour later?

And since when has anyone from Roberts frequented this Forum?

Jon

Professor

Postby Professor » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:44 am

y
Last edited by Professor on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fora - Where Everyone knows Everything -Everyone Else Knows Nothing

Jason Voice

Postby Jason Voice » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:33 pm

HenniVID wrote:Hello!

How is the developing of the Sensia going? We're haven't had an update for a while and the last one just bugs mine all up. I can't control the sound correctly any more, there are station logos appearing all over the screen. It's made a radio that was "fine" just annoying. I'm even thinking about putting it back into the box. It has really been quite a big dissapointment to be honest. Unless the PURE Team really put their thinking caps on and finally give this radio the software treatment it needs. With that I mean a more customizable screen (take away the annoying PURE advertising!), more control other what goes where, enable shared DAB/FM/Internet Lists and things like that. It could be such a good product but just doesn't feel like its switched on...

How are PURE going to continue with this Mr Voice?

Kind regards from Germany!

Hi Henni

I'm not sure what to say here - particularly your points regarding customizable screens and 'more control other what goes where'. I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but you can customize screens with regards to their content, slide shows, full screen... etc, however 'more control other what goes where' implies you want to be able to move windows around? Is this what you mean? If so - this was never in the spec of the product and won't be happening I'm afraid.

In my capacity as tech support manager (and not product developer\ PR manager\ marketing executive), I can certainly pass your comments on and try and get answers regarding PURE advertising, but 'station logo's all over the place' seems an odd grumble to raise on a radio that utilizes a graphical user interface. Radio stations broadcasting graphics and pictures is very much is part of the product, and the radio will very much exploit the ability of stations to broadcast pictures - and we'll continue to develop this ability - so I'm sorry if that presents bad news for you.

As far as the Sensia product development cycle goes, like all our Flow technology, it continues to be developed, and without the danger of repeating my previous posts on the subject here, will continue to be developed for too.

If you wish to discuss any individual problems you are having with the radio, then please do drop me an email - I'm alwys happy to help. You have my address.
Regards

Jason Voice

---------------------------------------------------------
Jason Voice, Technical Support Manager
---------------------------------------------------------

HenniVID

Postby HenniVID » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi!

I really do appreciate the help, that PURE is giving us here. Thanks Jason once again for your quick response. The Sensia really is a great product - mainly though in theory. One of it's largest faults is the bad volume control. The bar is as big as a fingerprint and especially when at low levels its hard to get the sound right without getting the remote out of the cupboard, as thats mainly all you can do with it. I have the feeling, that all the PURE advertising does, is slow the system down. When I listen to FM Radio or DAB, I would like the option of just a normal screen in the background and no apps. At the moment thats not at all possiple. You either have an app, or the PURE adds coming in soon after and getting rid of the decent looking "radio" background...

I do hope PURE also bring out a API or programming kit. I have had several ideas of apps, that could be introduced and would be happy enough to programme them (if of course its learnable;-)).

Sometime I just regretted not getting the Avanti Flow as a replacement and diving in for the Sensia. It was fun in the first few weeks, but it just gets annoying in the end. And judging by the user reviews (not WhatHiFi that seem to praise anything PURE makes) on Amazon or other sites, you can see where the radio averages. Around 3 stars and people complaining about it's many niggles.

Kind regards,
Hendrik

Return to “Pure Flow Radios”