A progammer has written a very neat drop-in DLL file that automatically broadcasts Spotify, doing away with the need for Edcast and Icecast. Start Spotify and the stream is automatically broadcast.
Here are the instructions:
1. Close Spotify (right click on the Spotify tray icon and select Exit).
2. Find your Spotify folder (where spotify.exe is). It is usually under C:/Program/Spotify/.
3. Download DSBridge from dsbridge - Project Hosting on Google Code. Put the files "DSound.dll" and "dsbridge.ini" in your Spotify folder.
4. Find on the Internet the file "lame_enc.dll", preferably v. 3.98.2 (hint: Download LAME MP3 Encoder 3.99 : LAME MP3 Encoder is the best mp3 encoder). Put the file "lame_enc.dll" in your Spotify folder.
5. Start Spotify and play something. You will notice a new tray icon, a round coloured blob.
6. Go to The Lounge. Click on My Favourites and then Add Custom Station. Fill in the various details; the URL should be entered in the format - http://192.168.15.110:8124/ - using your own machine IP address of course. Note the port is 8124.
It works beautifully, and streams at 320kb/s - I'm contemplating a subscription to Spotify to gain a 320 stream. Btw, it is also said to stream iTunes - haven't tried that yet.
The programmer is regularly adding features to the DLL - you can keep up-to-date at http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... 90&page=28