Pure One Flow - Upgrade v3.1 - Problems?

Discussion of all Pure radios with Flow Internet Radio
andy_from_ireland

Re: Pure One Flow - Upgrade v3.1 - Problems?

Postby andy_from_ireland » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:52 pm

well I have at last had success in upgrading this radio to v3.1 - Pure technical support finally sent me a reply back and pointed me to the 3.1 firmware on the german website here: http://support.pure.com/de/files.php?id=52 and it Worked - even though the v3.1 firmware from the UK support website didnt work so all I can think is that the v3.1 firmware update on the UK Pure support website must be corrupt or something. Anyway im back in business now thank god.

drewandy

Postby drewandy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:39 pm

Interestingly im having problems with my Evoke F4 since the 1.3 'over the air' update on this radio.

Factory reset made no difference

Cant see the network etc etc.

Will try the usb method from the german site.

mason1955

Postby mason1955 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:29 am

I let the my One Flow perform the upgrade late November and havent been able to use wireless since. I raised a ticket and the reply was "check your wirelss connection". I use the wireless connection at work and everything is working fine apart from my Pure One Flow Radio. Is there a fix for this? Surely the manufacturer is aware of the problem that the last upgrade caused but choses to ignore it. I guess their attitiude is youve already paid for the radio so why worry.

Glasgow1234

Postby Glasgow1234 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:53 pm

As far as I am aware there is no fix. The excuse given to me was if it is under guarantee, then it may be faulty. I have 3 radios, all with the same problem - I doubt I have faulty radios.

I think it needs a concerted effort if everyone out a ticket in, then they may get the hint. Who knows. Despite some of its lack of user friendly operating procedures it also has some great features resulting me recommending the radio to chums. At this juncture I wont be doing that for a while.

Herali

Postby Herali » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:37 pm

Hello all,

does the new v3.2 help? Is it safe?

I noticed the "new upgrade available" message regarding v3.1 disappeared a few days ago. This morning my One flow asked me to install v.3.2.
Which I didn't and won't until somebody brave does it and gives the all clear. Preferably someone who had problems with v3.1 that have now disappeared.

Cheers,
H

Glasgow1234

Postby Glasgow1234 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:57 am

Ok - just installed version 3.2. I think (fingers crossed time) that some the issues have been resolved. Will know more over the next few days, but the encouraging signs that the radio is currently back in its place before 3.1 which it never worked after this install. All is working. Will update I a couple of days. Anyone else tried it?

radiofan

Postby radiofan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:58 pm

Only been using the new version for just over 1 day but looking good so far. Logs into the router quickly and haven't had any sudden connection drops like with the last version. Seems more stable playing aac+ streams.

Have not tried Digital Radio/Pure Stream etc.. as I don't have a good signal or compatible equipment.

Denny Boy

Postby Denny Boy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:14 pm

I have tried a number of times to get Pure to accept that there may be a problem with the latest version of their s/w (v3.2) for their 'Pure One Flow'.
I have sent them detailed explanations as to what now happens whilst attempting to use my 'One Flow' but my constructive comments seem to be almost completely ignored. I have had one reply from Trevor who asked a list of questions with respect to IP address, DNS, Device Wi-Fi MAC address etc. and although this information was supplied together with a full and complete description of exactly what happens (or does not happen when it should). However, 'Pure' support staff seem to think that we, the purchasers and users of their product, haven't the faintest idea of what we are doing with such 'sophisticated equipment' and treat our constructive comments and enquiries as mere intrusions into their daily routine and attempt to either dismiss our questions with entirely inappropriate suggestions or just not bother to answer them at all.
With my 'One Flow' still being under warranty, I feel that if I am not treated with more serious respect (in that I do know what I am talking about) my radio will be returned to the supplier as faulty, even though it is not faulty - it's just the software which prevents it from functioning correctly - and receive a full refund for this item.
Pure will have to rest assured that I will never purchase any further products from their company and, if others have similar difficulties, mat wish to do the same.
I am completely fed up with being treated like a know-nothing idiot and if Pure doesn't take more notice of their customers' problems, they'll only get what they deserve.

andy_from_ireland

Postby andy_from_ireland » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:35 am

oh bloody hell i cannot upgrade from 3.1 to the new 3.2 now, keeps failing whether I use the network or USB way to update - however when it fails I can go back to to v3.0 and that updates to that old version with no problem and the radio starts up and works as it should, however after a couple of seconds the good ol 'update to v3.2' message pops up again and im back to square one again!! grrr is all i can say politely!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmh82jebeiguxc4/pure_error.jpg

Return to “Pure Flow Radios”