Pure One Flow - Upgrade v3.1 - Problems?

Discussion of all Pure radios with Flow Internet Radio
Glasgow1234

Pure One Flow - Upgrade v3.1 - Problems?

Postby Glasgow1234 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:31 am

I upgraded three Pure One Flow radios at the weekend with version 3.1 Apart from allegedly some new features it seems to have affected the wireless function and thus is even more sensitive to patchy signal / low signal and thus will now not connect when prior it would connect quite happily. Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

PURE of course suggested the usual things for the router etc. The router is fine, as all other products using wifi operate normally.

The factory reset on the radio does not remove the operating system and thus 3.1 is still present. They also said there is no way of removing it, to put on an earlier system.

I am losing faith in the products! Any suggestions?

radiofan

Re: Pure One Flow - Upgrade v3.1 - Problems?

Postby radiofan » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:17 pm

Sounds very familiar, sadly.

Was working fine listening to a station until the forced upgrade prompt came up. After upgrading the radio would not connect to the router sitting on 'verifying key' for a prolonged period. Thought the wifi key had been erased, replaced it to no improvement. Then factory reset and installed the update via USB, same.

Even when it does find the router i've seen it go from 4 bars to dropping the connection completely and can take anything up to 30 minutes to reconnect.

Been quite cheesed off for a long while at having these updates forced as all they have done is made the radio more and more unstable. Typical of Pure to dump a bug infested update and then be in denial about the pile of crock inflicted on users. Cannot suggest anything, only Pure can fix this and in their eyes they can do no wrong. :(

I'm done with Pure products and will be going Raspberry Pi or Android next time.

Glasgow1234

Postby Glasgow1234 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:36 pm

In one way I am glad I am not the only one, but sorry to hear you are experiencing similar issues. Other issues I have lived with but this one is taking the biscuit. I wonder how long before it takes them to deliver a solution!?

Herali

Postby Herali » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Tx a lot for posting this.
I haven't yet updated and will avoid doing so. At the moment the One Flow works fairly stable (as long as it is not moved around) so I will get used to clicking away the tedious "update available" message(s).

Jambouk

Postby Jambouk » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:03 pm

Yes. Same problem here. It has affected wireless. My OneFlow is in the same position it has always been and since the update drops the signal. Bizarrely if I place the aerial (unextended) vertical then the connection is maintained.

This is definitely down to the upgrade. Have you raised a support ticket with Pure?

scortonian

Postby scortonian » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:19 am

In the last few days My One Flow radio does not connect to my favourite stations. Any ideas?

andy_from_ireland

Postby andy_from_ireland » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Glasgow1234 wrote:..The factory reset on the radio does not remove the operating system and thus 3.1 is still present. They also said there is no way of removing it, to put on an earlier system...

You could try using this file: Pure_One_Flow_v3.0_UK_US_W.exe http://support-us.pure.com/downloads/fi ... t/download - as opposed to the Pure_One_Flow_v3.1_UK_W.exe file - I had to go back to 3.0 because my one flow radio for some reason dont like the upgrade to 3.1 I get startup error ERRS1 so then I have to downgrade with that 3.0 file - however i am not totally out of the woods because this nagging message comes up saying 3.1 available and i cannot find a way to cancel it - every button I press has no effect not even the return button on the front so the only thing I can do then is pull out the AC adaptor to get rid of the message and start up the radio again!

Glasgow1234

Postby Glasgow1234 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Yes I am afraid I have suffered the same issue. By luck I had a system 2.? Which installed and wiped 3.1 , but then I was plagued by the upgrade message. PURE solution was maybe he radio was faulty. Somehow they didn't grasp the fact that all three radios (all the same) upgraded and have the same issue. Mmmmmm.

DrSchoen

Postby DrSchoen » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:00 am

For what it' s worth, exactly the same problem. Perhaps if someone from Pure is reading this thread, they might do something about it. On the other hand they might just think, ha, got your money...

andy_from_ireland

Postby andy_from_ireland » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:19 am

why force the customer to upgrade though? - why nag us to upgrade? and why not make one of the buttons just cancel the upgrade. I can understand they want you to upgrade to the most latest firmware to iron out bugs or enable new features but when your in a situation like this where 3.0 works perfectly but 3.1 wont work then they should give you the option to cancel the 3.1 update so you can keep with the 3.0 firmware and at least have a working radio!!

Return to “Pure Flow Radios”