Pure Stream removed on Pure One Flow

Discussion of all Pure radios with Flow Internet Radio
toshiuser

Pure Stream removed on Pure One Flow

Postby toshiuser » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:13 pm

Dear all,

I installed the new Firmware 3.1 on my One Flow. It has the following "feature":

"Removed ability to stream audio from radio to Jongo compatible products (you will still be able to stream to your radio using the Pure Connect app)"

Perfect, thank's Pure, now I can dump my Jongo-Speakers, since I do not have a Smartphone with Pure Connect app :evil: :evil: :evil:

Why that?

radiofan

Re: Pure Stream removed on Pure One Flow

Postby radiofan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:19 pm

Another unwanted "improvement" from Pure, no idea why as their main website has an advert for Jongo products prominently on the front page. Pity they couldn't have fixed the AAC+ crash/reboot bug that appeared around 5 updates ago.

Not that I can check as I have 40+ random characters to enter as the update helpfully removed the wireless password.

Jambouk

Postby Jambouk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:08 am

I can't believe this. Mine updated this morning. I can't believe this has happened. Why would they pull this feature? I have sent support an email. Do you have any more detail on this?

toshiuser

Postby toshiuser » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:03 pm

I received the following answer from the german Pure Support (translated to English):
"This function was removed and won't come back. We are sorry, but unfortunately we had to disable this function." - No further Explanation, of course...

Although I told them in my question, that I do not have a Smartphone with Pure Connect app and like to know how to use my Jongo Speakers from now on, they carried on regardless: "It is still possible to stream using the Pure Connect App on Android or IPhone."

Well, this answer is not acceptable in my opinion. I am very disappointed and - once being a fan of Pure products - will switch to other manufacturers. That also, because the Firmware and Pure-Connect-Website development goes down the tube, too.

Good bye.

Jambouk

Postby Jambouk » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:09 pm

My response from Pure :

"I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience this has caused to you, we have the following FAQ to explain the latest change on the radios:

Streaming to Jongos from a Pure radio
Due to the ever growing feature set of Jongo and in order to ensure that we are able to maintain other products’ functionality to the high specification and quality levels we wish to, we have had to remove the ability to stream audio to the Jongo family from some Pure connected radios (Sensia 200D, One Flow and Evoke F4). This does not affect your ability to stream to those radios from PCs, Macs or by using the Pure Connect app from a smart device.

You can still use the Jongo and the Sensia to stream to from the Pure Connect App. They can still be used with multiroom and together - the only feature gone is from the Sensia to the Jongo streaming"

Source : http://support-uk.pure.com/kb/articles/218-streaming-to-a-jongo-from-a-pure-radio

Return to “Pure Flow Radios”