Media player can't find server

Discussion of all Pure radios with Flow Internet Radio
Pokerdaz

Media player can't find server

Postby Pokerdaz » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi,

Since upgrade 2.9 my Evoke flow can no longer find my media server. Every other piece of equipment (PS3, Laptops etc) is still fine, but the flow now shows as a generic media receiver on the server, but will not connect.

This is surely a backward step and renders the purpose of my Flow obsolete as I primarily use it for streaming my music in and around the house.

Does anyone know what I can try to resolve this?

Cheers.

AndyCalling

Re: Media player can't find server

Postby AndyCalling » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:59 am

The question is, what is your server? Are you running Twonky on a PC? Perhaps you're running Windows Media Player? Or then again, perhaps you are using the server in your Network Attached Storage, which may or may not be Twonky? You could be using Serviio or Jamcast on a PC too. Perhaps you're using a Mac though?

First, try rebooting the server. Then, try rebooting the radio. Then, try resetting the radio to factory defaults. Then try clearing out the old 'detected' Evoke from the server list and redetect. I can't be more explicit as to how you manipulate your server as you have not given enough leads. You could always try resetting your server back to factory defaults (or reinstalling the server software) but that is kinda extreme. If that lot doesn't work, then post back here with a description of what you are actually using.

Running better than ever from my Twonky NAS media server. I'd swear this version had tweaked net code, but I have recently shifted channels so it may be that, but a week or so before the update so it still seems better. Perhaps I'm just imagining things.

Pokerdaz

Postby Pokerdaz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:44 am

Hi,

I am running a WD MybookLive NAS drive which runs Twonky. I had rebooted the NAS drive and also my router, but it did not solve the problem and, as stated, my other media devices were working fine. I also rescanned and rebuilt the Twonky database.

I eventually factory reset the radio and this did solve the problem. It seems the V2.9 firmware update had confused the radio.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Cheers.

AndyCalling

Postby AndyCalling » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:33 pm

Nice that it's solved. It didn't cause that problem for me (my Iomega NAS also runs Twonky), your radio must have thrown a wobbler. It happens sometimes with all complex devices, that's what the reset button was invented for. :)~

Return to “Pure Flow Radios”