Pure Connect

Discussion of all Pure radios with Flow Internet Radio
toshiuser

Pure Connect

Postby toshiuser » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:16 pm

I own a Pure one flow and I am experiencing problems with the new connect.pure.com-Website:

- Favourites are not synchronized with my radio. It works flawlessly with the still availible lounge-website, but with Pure Connect, the favourites shown there do not match the favourites shown within my radio. It seems as if my favourites where imported into Pure Connect once when the website started and are not updated anymore.

- I do not see an option to enter my own radio streams

- I do not see my folders, it just shows all of my favourites with tags that I can filter. I think showing the folders on the left side - like in the lounge website - is much more userfriendly. I like to control, to which location a favourite is saved.

- I do not know how to set up new folders and - upon adding a new favourite - how to put this into a specific folder.

- And I think the icons are much too large. The Lounge showed more information within one page.

I observe these problems for quite a time (since the new site started), but never read any comments, that other users are experiencing the same problems. Am I alone? What do I have to change, in order to make it work?

Thank your very much.

GaseousClay

Re: Pure Connect

Postby GaseousClay » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:48 pm

I tried the new connect site a couple of weeks back and initially it was not showing anything related to the content on my radio. Then noticed the country wasn't set correctly. But as you say the Favourites section is a pile of crap, there appears no way to edit the folders or moving a preferred station from one device to another. Lets hope the old web site remains up and running and we can stick with that

aos101

Postby aos101 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:15 am

Yes I've noticed the same problems, except I think the favourites are in sync with my radio for me. The complete lack of folder functionality is stupid in my opinion. In general the site doesn't seem finished to me. When I first saw it I thought they would improve it (like adding the folder functionality), but they don't seem to have done anything I've noticed.

The whole interface seems too big to me (with too much empty space), especially the boxes about each station. It's as if the management team at Pure have all recently bought iPads and demanded that everything on the site be made bigger so it is easier to use on a touch interface.

I really hope they don't remove the old website (or expect people to use the new one) until they achieve feature parity with the old website.
Adam

AndyCalling

Postby AndyCalling » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:35 am

I have tried Pure Connect and...

I approve!

Now, I know what you all mean. It does have reduced functionality and from the looks of the Favourites area more work is to be expected. At least I hope so.

Also, when I say I approve, I don't mean get rid of the Lounge. The Lounge works wonderfully with the mouse-based desktop in Windows 8 and is worth keeping. Connect works almost great with the touch interface. It certainly fits the style and feels like a native Win8 app with easy-to-touch icons. I like to use it with my Logitech T650 Win8 touchpad except...

...It doesn't support horizontal scroll gestures. The addition of a bit of HTML5 scrolliness rather than clicking a small area for the next sub-section of a page to roll around would make the page feel more touch friendly. The Windows Music app is still a bit codec light but I'm sure that will be addressed by third parties in time. Pure could address that issue by releasing a Win8 Pure Connect app, but I'm not sure if that is on the cards yet. May be a bit of a wait.

Nice service for Win8 though, this Connect. Just so long as it is in addition to the Lounge and that it gets a fair bit more development.

GaseousClay

Postby GaseousClay » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:53 pm

AndyCalling wrote:
Now, I know what you all mean. It does have reduced functionality and from the looks of the Favourites area more work is to be expected. At least I hope so.

Funny you should post this I noticed yesterday that they have added the "Add Custom Stations" to the favourites menu. Fingers crossed the folder options are to follow soon.

AndyCalling

Postby AndyCalling » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:22 am

Even more funny, today I get an email from Pure stating Connect is to replace the Lounge. I'm not sure I like that idea much, and I'm dead sure Connect isn't ready to even try yet. I really hope this is just a bit of BS thinking (you can read that as Blue Sky if you like...) and is a far off goal.

Either that or a whole load of changes are just waiting to be released that makes Connect marvellous for desktop as well as touch use? Perhaps?

mchamp

Postby mchamp » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:49 am

I eventually found the "favourites" function in the FAQ

If you created folders on new.thelounge.com these are now your labels
- Labels are a way of grouping favourite stations together so they come under one label.
-To create a label click My Favourites> click ‘Label’ on your selected station; here you can enter a new label, or save to an existing label by putting a tick in the box and clicking 'save'.

So it appears you first add a station to favourites, then you go to favourites and add a label.
Hmmm... :?

GaseousClay

Postby GaseousClay » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:09 pm

mchamp wrote:I eventually found the "favourites" function in the FAQ
<snip>
So it appears you first add a station to favourites, then you go to favourites and add a label.
Hmmm... :?

Thanks for that mchamp, I wonder how long that has been there. Probably not long, I'm sure it wasn't there when I posted that the add stations had appeared. Oh well at least they've done something that almost replicates the older version on the lounge. It's certainly not as user friendly though. The original collapse and expanding menu option is way more favourable to the current select all then filter by folder route.

AndyCalling

Postby AndyCalling » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:38 am

It wasn't there when I posted before. This is great, but we're missing one vital component.

On, for example, the 'Live Radio' tab there is a grey 'Filter these results' tool bar. We need one of those on the 'Favourites' tab as well to enable us to easily select 'Label', 'Genre' and other identifiers in a similar manner. This way we won't have to click through a screen or two to find an example of the criterion we are after. We would also be able to make much better combination filters.

I actually think Pure are probably working on just this solution. It feels as if all those identifiers attached to each favourite are intended to be more useful than they currently are. If this is implemented, then I am starting to think Connect's favourites will be better and more powerful than the Lounge favourites.

pluto

Postby pluto » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:41 pm

AndyCalling wrote:It feels as if all those identifiers attached to each favourite are intended to be more useful than they currently are. If this is implemented, then I am starting to think Connect's favourites will be better and more powerful than the Lounge favourites.

This is entirely true - but at this moment (late December 2012) the new site works like an incomplete college project. I'd have thought that it's a fairly elementary rule in database management that users need to search in both directions i.e. show which labels each favourite possesses, but also provide a list of current labels and allow the user to filter to the favourites within each label ('label' is, apparently, the new term for 'folder').

Also, I get the impression that the entire site design is geared up for users on small tablet screens with little consideration for those using a standard desktop (or reasonably-sized laptop) display. There's no excuse for scroll bars ever dropping off the edge of the screen.

I sure hope that basic stuff like this is sorted out before The Lounge goes AWOL.

Return to “Pure Flow Radios”