Where to get early Siesta Flow firmwares?

Discussion of all Pure radios with Flow Internet Radio
chrisw99

Where to get early Siesta Flow firmwares?

Postby chrisw99 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi all,
I currently own a Pure Siesta Flow internet radio - great little radio except for the annoying habit of "station not available" in the mornings when used as an alarm, especially after snooze - meaning I've overslept and been late for a work a few times so have to have another alarm clock as backup for the times the Siesta fails.

See this youtube video for the fault in action, 3 times it tunes, 4th time it fails..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKvJwyv8pBk
On average, 4 times out of 10 it fails to tune.

After discussion with Pure support, it was decided it was probably faulty so I returned the radio to John Lewis for an exchange.

The new radio worked fine after a bit of intensive testing, 30+ times I turned it on, every time it tuned.

However - that was on firmware v1.1. The radio then upgraded to v1.7 and hey presto, "station not available" started appearing again, 3 times in the 10 times I tried.

So there is definately a bug in v1.7 (probably introduced in v1.3 when the energy saving startup changes were introduced).

Whilst waiting for v1.8 to hopefully fix this , is there anyway I can downgrade the radio back to v1.1 , and then stop it from automatically upgrading again?

Cheers
Chris

chrisw99

Re: Where to get early Siesta Flow firmwares?

Postby chrisw99 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:00 pm

Dragging up my own 3 year old thread, but for a good reason... my Siesta Flow just upgraded itself to v5.0 and I can confirm the "station not available" bug has finally been fixed so I can now use internet channels as wake up channels without risk of oversleeping!

Thanks to Pure for getting there in the end!

Return to “Pure Flow Radios”