Last.fm on Pure Flow now working! (Evoke/One)

Discussion of all Pure radios with Flow Internet Radio
tornado

Last.fm on Pure Flow now working! (Evoke/One)

Postby tornado » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi,

After several hours of trying various things I've come up with this solution to get Last.fm on Pure Flow Radios (tested on Pure One Flow). I couldn't actually find any other solutions on the internet so this may be a first!

1. Download the Last.fm scrobbler client software to run on your desktop and start a radio station playing

2. Download Nicecast for Mac OS-X (http://www.rogueamoeba.com/nicecast/). This basically captures sound coming out of your soundcard using Soundflower, then broadcasts it using Icecast. Similar solutions should be available for Windows 7.

3. Download and install the latest version of TwonkyServer (twonky.com) to replace FlowServer.

4. Save the local sever address from Nicecast (or equivalent) as a .m3u playlist file "My Radio".

5. Share the folder containing the .m3u file by configuring TwonkyServer.

6. Connect to your TwonkyServer using "Media player" on your One Flow or Evoke Flow

7. Find "My Radio" and play it!

Notes: Obviously there is a slight quality loss as you are capturing the last.fm stream off your soundcard and rebroadcasting it. But if you broadcast as 320 Kbps/Stereo it will be small. This should work for Spotify too. If anyone has a better way of capturing the Last.fm stream (directly?) then please post.

jonh
Site Admin

Re: Last.fm on Pure Flow now working! (Evoke/One)

Postby jonh » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:26 pm

For Windows users, Jamcast has Last.fm integrated:

"Last.fm Integration

Jamcast 1.5 hooks into the Last.fm Scrobbling API so you can submit tracks right from the server. This means submissions are happening regardless of what device you're using -- whether it be a gaming console or HDTV or the upcoming Android app." (or a Pure Flow radio!)

Jon

Professor

Postby Professor » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:30 pm

Last edited by Professor on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fora - Where Everyone knows Everything -Everyone Else Knows Nothing

tornado

Postby tornado » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Does Jamcast allow you to stream last.fm radio stations to a Pure radio? Because from what I can see it just reports the music you are listening to locally back to last.fm (scrobbling)

jonh
Site Admin

Postby jonh » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:00 am

Jamcast will broadcast whatever is going through your soundcard over your local network - be it Spotify, Last.fm, or Pandora by way of example. It won't connect directly to play Last.fm - sorry! But it does do the job of what used to be two programs (one of which is Icecast), with no apparent loss of quality, at least to my old ears.

It is also an excellent media streamer with transcoding on the fly available.

For details of setup - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76

Jon

Return to “Pure Flow Radios”