Listen Again / Podcast dropouts

Discussion of all Pure radios with Flow Internet Radio
tonyburton

Listen Again / Podcast dropouts

Postby tonyburton » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:31 pm

I know this is a VERY old topic now, but I wonder whether anyone has actually noticed any improvements on the problem of signal dropouts when using Listen Again or listening to podcasts?

Personally I rarely have dropouts but if I pause a Listen Again stream or a podcast for more than about 30 seconds, then after about 10 seconds of restarting there is guaranteed to be a dropout, meaning the programme starts from the beginning or I get a 'station not available' message and have to reselect it to restart it. I'm slightly wise to it now in that I always check how far along I am in the programme when I pause, so I can more easily get back to where I left off. But it's still extremely annoying. Even if they can't fix the actual problem, the ability to restart from where you last listened would alleviate almost all the frustration.

I'm not based in the UK, if that's relevant – I seem to remember that people in the UK had fewer problems with this.

Jason Voice

Re: Listen Again / Podcast dropouts

Postby Jason Voice » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:37 am

Hi Tony

We hope to be rolling out a 'resume' style feature across all PURE web products in the near future which should help with situation when on demand content drops.

Hope this helps.
Regards

Jason Voice

---------------------------------------------------------
Jason Voice, Technical Support Manager
---------------------------------------------------------

philinlewes

Re: Listen Again / Podcast dropouts

Postby philinlewes » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:09 pm

Long overdue.
The very first Internet Radio I bought four years ago - a large Ministry of Sound model had this facility. It would always start off from where you stopped - dropouts were handled without a problem.
Why has it taken Pure so long ?
Lets hope it will be worth the wait - awaiting upgrade with interest for my Siesta Flow.

Return to “Pure Flow Radios”