connecting to wireless internet

Discussion of all Pure radios with Flow Internet Radio
keilidh

Re: connecting to wireless internet

Postby keilidh » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:44 pm

Thanks David, I do have the small icon on the taskbar which would suggest it's running, my user name is there when I open Orb. I have refreshed my library via the orb control panel and all the media can be seen.
Should I mention it's running on a Mac ?

David Hartley

Postby David Hartley » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:03 pm

keilidh wrote:Thanks David, I do have the small icon on the taskbar which would suggest it's running, my user name is there when I open Orb. I have refreshed my library via the orb control panel and all the media can be seen.
Should I mention it's running on a Mac ?

Ah .. the dreaded Mac .. I am afraid I will be of no help to you then, as all I know about the Mac, is that they are out on a bit of a limb, and most owners want the software that works on Windows .. Result = Aggro!
Until just checking the Orb site, I did not realise there was a Mac option for orb, though I would think they run pretty much the same, but hopefully some other Mac user may be of help.

keilidh

Postby keilidh » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:56 am

Yes, it would appear the problem is with the Mac, I've now installed Orb on my wife's windows based PC and the Flow can find it no problem.

Once again, thanks and my apologies for hi-jacking this thread.

David Hartley

Postby David Hartley » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:22 am

keilidh wrote:Yes, it would appear the problem is with the Mac, I've now installed Orb on my wife's windows based PC and the Flow can find it no problem.

Once again, thanks and my apologies for hi-jacking this thread.

No problems whatsoever, that is what we are here for. Those that moan about diverting a thread is one of my pet hates, so as far as I am concerned, pop in anytime, anywhere, and I will do my best to help.

airbourneuk

Postby airbourneuk » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:58 am

I run SimplifyMedia on a 'dreaded' MAC and it communicates with my Flow without any problem. As with all things MAC 'it just works'. ;)

David Hartley

Postby David Hartley » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:09 am

airbourneuk wrote:I run SimplifyMedia on a 'dreaded' MAC and it communicates with my Flow without any problem. As with all things MAC 'it just works'. ;)

That is one for the notebook. I have nothing against the Mac. From what I have gleaned, the biggest problem is software is a bit thin on the ground as users often moan about lack of support, though users usually swear by them, where Windows users swear about it!!
I am finding Windows 7 a real pain. It starts off fast because little is installed at the off, but gets bogged down quickly just like Vista, which is why I usually run a dual-boot Windows/Linux setup on all my machines.
Tonight though, after hearing Google had released the code for their soon to be released Chrome Operating system, I have spent a while getting it running on a bootable USB thumbdrive to have a look around.

airbourneuk

Postby airbourneuk » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:27 am

David
Just installed the Orb software on my Mac and it worked first time on my Flow. Glad I read your post as I can now watch video off my MacBook on my TV via a Wii. Wow!!!!
:D

Return to “Pure Flow Radios”