Media streaming on the Evoke Flow

Discussion of all Pure radios with Flow Internet Radio
Pokerdaz

Media streaming on the Evoke Flow

Postby Pokerdaz » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Hi guys,

Has anyone used the media streaming function of the Evoke Flow with the shuffle set during playback of playlists?

I am finding that tracks often repeat, sometimes in succession. It should only play each track in the playlist once and finish playing once all tracks have played, but I am finding that some tracks in the playlist don't play and others repeat several times. They are never the same ones though!! A 15 track playlist does end after 15 tracks have been played, but as mentioned some of the tracks are repeated and some are not played at all.

Is this likely to be the radio or the flowserver. I have version 4.4.7 of the flow server, which I have had for some time and see no way of updating it or even checking if it is up to date.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Professor

Re: Media streaming on the Evoke Flow

Postby Professor » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Last edited by Professor on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fora - Where Everyone knows Everything -Everyone Else Knows Nothing

robin

Postby robin » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:24 am

I don't really use media streaming on the flow but I know there is a later version of Twonky, see this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=121&p=874&hilit=twonky#p874 which installed easily by following the instructions in the thread - note I'm a Mac user.

I also installed Orb as suggested by David Hartley which also worked well during my limited tests.

HTH

Pokerdaz

Postby Pokerdaz » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:10 pm

I downloaded the updated Twonky server and it has made a huge difference. I notice that it actually recognizes playlists from within itunes, whereas before I had to create .m3u playlists using an exporter. The shuffle seems to be behaving as well - much neater.

Thanks for the help - much appreciated.

Pokerdaz

Streaming problems

Postby Pokerdaz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:03 pm

I took on board the suggestions for updating Twonky to the latest version, but it started randonly crashing the radio (Evoke Flow) especially if a track was skipped or even changing playlists. Repeating tracks also remained!!

Therefore I downloaded the latest version of ORB and it seemed ok to start, but now I find that the radio will communicate with no problem, find the playlists, but when I start to play a playlist, it just sits there showing me the track details, but nothing more - no sound, no ability to skip....nothing. I have a realtime network monitor on the PC (tbbmeter) and there is no upstream activity showing. I can scroll through other playlists or songs and select them, but it just shows me the track details of the original.

I have no soft firewall just the router and it is intermittent anyhow.

Does anybody have any clues as to what I am doing wrong???

Thanks.

Daz

jonh
Site Admin

Postby jonh » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:58 pm

I recently installed Serviio on my PC to stream video to the TV. It also streams sound, and right out of the box (once you've added your music folders) the Flow picked it up and ran without a hitch - and it's free! One more to try?

www.serviio.org

Jon

Return to “Pure Flow Radios”