Looking to update to Sensia

Discussion of all Pure radios with Flow Internet Radio
it4hir

Looking to update to Sensia

Postby it4hir » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:34 pm

.....from the Pico Wi-Fi which has a poor battery life. :(
The Pure Sensia has caught my eye and has the right appeal in terms of product and spec.
Most of the High St outlets do not have it in stock! Santa grabbed them all! Am looking to order from the net as some have the yellow colour in stock, however, is there a close contender (DAB & Wi-Fi) which may be worth comparing before I take the plunge? :?

HenniVID

Re: Looking to update to Sensia

Postby HenniVID » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:31 pm

I would maybe look into, if you need the Specs the Sensia has. Interesting may be the Evoke Flow and the One Flow. The Sensia isn't really a "portable" radio as such. The other two PURE models are though really. I have the both the Evoke Flow and Sensia and it is really easy just grabbing the handle and carrying it around. The Sensia on the other hand is really just a radio for one place. Otherwise you have to carry the basin around with you and the opportunities of dropping it are much larger than with the other models.

Maybe buying a cheaper portable radio from PURE combined with the purchase of the remote, the flow speaker and the ChargePAK may be more suitable?
Working for "German Digitalradio Projektbüro"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Devices: Pure Sensia,Pure Evoke Flow, Pure One Elite, Pure Highway

Greecian

Postby Greecian » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:42 pm

it4hir wrote:.....from the Pico Wi-Fi which has a poor battery life. :(
The Pure Sensia has caught my eye and has the right appeal in terms of product and spec.
Most of the High St outlets do not have it in stock! Santa grabbed them all! Am looking to order from the net as some have the yellow colour in stock, however, is there a close contender (DAB & Wi-Fi) which may be worth comparing before I take the plunge? :?

I have found my Sensia to have a poor Chargepack life . Not much over an hour at moderate listening levels before the sound cuts off. I suppose it's the screen that gobbles up the power.

Gerry

trapdoor

Postby trapdoor » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:28 pm

I love my Sensia, despite the 'niggles' with shonky software design/implementation - though hopefully these will be eventually ironed out in time. Agree that it's not terribly useful as a portable to carry about a lot. Even though you get a carry bag with it, you need to add the cost of a ChargePak and having this installed can be more of a liability, particularly when the radio locks up (fairly frequently I find) as you have to pull the chargepak plug to switch the radio off to reboot it.

I bought an Oasis Flow to cater for my portable needs - pretty rugged beast, includes a built-in ChargePak which seems to last for ages, is waterproof (splashproof) and seems more 'reliable' in keeping streams up than the Sensia. I use my Oasis in the garden, bathroom and workshop without the worry that it may get splashed/damp.

My Sensia is now permanently attached to my hi-fi to give me DAB, Internet Radio and access to all my CD's stored on my media server - it's in use all day, every day as I work at home. Has been reliable, apart from getting 'bricked' by the V2.4 update, but Pure support got that sorted by replacing the radio in pretty short order, so a big thumbs up to them.

Return to “Pure Flow Radios”