The Lounge

Discussion of all Pure radios with Flow Internet Radio
gzkbb1

The Lounge

Postby gzkbb1 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:48 am

Having owned a Roberts years and needing a future proof unit I have bought a Pure. The lounge is good but suffers from very poor performance compared to the reciva offering.

There is one however major flaw with lounge that I cannot currently find a solution for.

Most USA based radio stations still use the short alpha code designation and their real title is only held in the text string below the first level so as an example Kjul 104.7 (the sound of Las Vegas) can only be searched using the Kjul in the lounge not Las Vegas.

This is a pain and as the lounge is open source could be solved. who at Pure handles this.

Similarly I wanted a list of all Australian Radio stations in Perth WA which is dead easy in Reciva again not available in the Lounge same reason only the station name is held eg Curtin FM in the searchable area.

David Hartley

Re: The Lounge

Postby David Hartley » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Despite Frontier Silicon being the source of the Pure Lounge Stations, Pure make you access them via their database, so there is room for problems.
If you use any other brand of radio, that addresses the Frontier Silicon portal direct, such as the Roberts Stream 83i, you do not have this problem. See the following result for just those call letters entered into the Frontier Site.
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/4534 ... shot01.jpg
There is a Pure contact form here.
http://support.pure.com/newticket.php?s ... 13f6520a42

HenniVID

Postby HenniVID » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:16 pm

As the Title is "The Lounge" I have following question:

When will FlowSongs come to Germany? Does anyone know?

Thanks
Working for "German Digitalradio Projektbüro"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Devices: Pure Sensia,Pure Evoke Flow, Pure One Elite, Pure Highway

HenniVID

Postby HenniVID » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:20 pm

A question: PURE's own Podcast updates on the lounge are not very good. There are several podcasts (f.e. "Nachtlager.de DOMIAN Podcast" of a very famous german radio show. But the last casts are from June although I know that there are 5 shows a week (mo to fr) and it just doesn't seem to load them into the Pure buffer.

It would be good, if it could just take the data straight from the RSS Feed, as other manufactures do it. This way it just leads me into a dead end on the lounge plattform...

Also it would be good, if I could add my own Podcast feeds. I have a subscription to the LBC AudioAgain feature and would love to listen to my own subscribed podcasts on my radio. This way it is just quite annoying :-(

Hope that the PURE Team could take this up and try and improve their existing range and "the Lounge" before expanding their range of Radios into the unknown. All I have to say is "Sensia". It hasn't really lived up to its hopes yet really. ;-)
Working for "German Digitalradio Projektbüro"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Devices: Pure Sensia,Pure Evoke Flow, Pure One Elite, Pure Highway

Return to “Pure Flow Radios”